Wednesday, July 15, 2009

i feel GOOD...

July 15th, 2009 marks the day on which i've donated my blood for the first time.. 350ml of blood coming out of my body was no joke but truly, it feels so good.. quite painful but the feeling's great.. it's a good experience..

it was a really last minute decision that i decided to go since i've not tried it before so i asked my friends to accompany me and i thank God for blessing me with friends who were willing to accompany me cause i would have felt so lonely there then..the atmosphere was really scary when i stepped into the hall..the smell, the scene..

i quickly filled in the form, checked for hypertension, weighed, pricked by that thing for blood test and finally on the bed, 350ml of blood flowed out without me realising and it was quite fast compared to others.. it's quite amazing though to see the bag of my blood after the whole thing. i definitely had no guts to see the needle pierced into my arm so i've no idea how thick it was cause i think it's better not to know.. my whole arm felt numb throughout the process..i was afraid i would faint on my way back too cause i had to drive all the way to my brother's school then only back home but i felt ok.. just tired and headache but i'm not sure either if that was the effect or it's just me who feels the same every day..

i think i had more to write but don't know what else.. it's my first time and i feel so happy over it now that i feel like sharing the experience with everyone.. anyway, it feels really really really good.. and you know what? i feel so proud of myself =) and i'm grateful that i am able to donate my blood to others..too bad no pictures..could have taken a picture of the bag but didn't and now i feel regret.. haha..nevermind, there's always a next time..

that's all for now.

p/s. oh by the way, i forgot to mention, it was held in college organised by the marketing students as part of their assignment.

2 comments:

mAd_aDriAn said...

What a surprise for me when hearing u r donating blood... seldom see a girl dare to donate blood.. Even boys will say: "It's pain ok!!!"

Good try and nice job!!

Eunice said...

haha..so surprising meh?? of coz i dare..haha..

so were u one of the boys who said so??

thanks anyway =)