Monday, January 26, 2009

reunion dinner

as what most chinese had a few hours ago...i had mine too...

reunion dinner..

prepared by my sister and i..


fried turnip by me..i only cook this once a year..so the forgetful me definitely had to refer to the special limited edition recipe written by my mum..hehe..


stir fried potatoes with minced chicken meat by my sister...


sambal belacan minced chicken meat aubergine??lol..don't know the name...by my sister too...yummy..


sweet and sour chicken by me..


groundnut soup (okay, i thought it's called peanut soup..lol..) by my sister too..


that's it...

guess what? we took about 4 hours to get everything done including the preparation of the ingredients..we only got to eat at about 9pm..anyone ate at home as late as i did?? lol..not that we were so slow but the food took time to cook..to get tender enough...

and guess what? 4 of us couldn't finish it..so much more of fried turnip left and some aubergine..not that they weren't nice ok?lol.. we know those can be kept overnight so we finished the other 2 which can't be kept..
so.. next year, don't be so ambitious and cook so much..haha..

not forgetting our beloved doggie..here's her dinner..


rice with the "soup stuffs"..chicken meat, groundnuts...
such luxurious meal for her yet she couldn't finish it..didn't eat much either because she was too distracted by the fire crackers far far away across the main junction...my gosh..she got so panicked that she didn't even bother to look at her meal..


evidence of her panic-ness..lol..


*help help* to the left...


and to the right...sadly..if only she had short fur than probably she could win herself a chance to come in...

i hope she finishes the rice by tomorrow morning..

guess that's all for now and i hereby wish everyone

A VERY HAPPY CHINESE NEW YEAR !! MAY YOU HAVE A FRUITFUL YEAR AHEAD!

GREET, EAT, DRINK AND RECEIVE ANGPOWS..that's practically roughly what chinese new year mean to me..haha...
till then!

P/S. i'm still not done cleaning up!! hoping to get it done tomorrow morning...oh yeah, that's what cny mean to me too..clean ups..

0 comments: